Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Playlist from Monday, September 19th (Nichols Park)

I might be biased because I attended a Zumba Jam Session this past weekend and was really excited to share the routines I learned with my students, but I thought this was an even more fun set than usual! (For those of you who don't know, jam sessions are an opportunity for local instructors to get together and practice/learn choreography together.) Specifically, at the jam session, I learned #7, #10, and #13.

1. Thriller - Michael Jackson - pop/warm-up
2. Hindu Cumen _ Zumba Fitness - Indian fusion/cha-cha
3. Para No Verte Mas - Zumba Fitness - samba
4. Mambo - Bandoleros - rumba/flamenco
5. Slide - Zumba Fitness - calypso/salsa
6. Pagaras - Zumba Fitness - cumbia
7. Gazab - Zumba Fitness - Indian (Hindu)
8. Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) - Shakira - Latin
9. La Nina Fresa - Zumba Fitness - quebradita
10. Tequila - Proyecto Uno - reggaeton (?) (a completely different "Tequila" from the routine I've used in the past!)
11. Cali Aji - Zumba Fitness - salsa
12. Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo - reggaeton/cumbia (somehow my students and I never get tired of this one, even though I've played it regularly since spring)
13. El Batazo - Zumba Fitness - reggaeton
14. Mi Corazoncito - Zumba Fitness - bachata (this is a new routine as well; it's the really romantic song in which they suddenly bust out with "Zumba Fitness!" in the middle - fun stuff)
15. Estrellitas y Duendes - Juan Luis Guerra - Latin/cool-down

No comments:

Post a Comment