Monday, June 27, 2011

Playlist from Monday, June 20th (Flash Mob Zumba!)

Sorry for the delay in my postings! I have been working my biceps (i.e., moving) by day, teaching Zumba by night, and doing academic stuff in between... which has given me little time to write. Last Monday, I arrived at Nichols Park a few minutes before class was to start, and I was horrified to learn that the park is closed until June 27th! (I had gotten the dates mixed up.) So... I found an outlet outside, plugged in my portable speakers, and held a free Zumba class literally in the park for those who showed up. It was very flash-mob-like, and we had several audiences throughout the hour... including little kids who did the choreography along with us. We had a blast!

1. Bad Romance - Lady Gaga - pop
2. Cumbia Arabe - Zumba Fitness - cumbia
3. Tequila - The Champs - salsa
4. Jai Ho (from "Slumdog Millionaire") - Mumbai Dolls - bhangra/Indian
5. Slide - Zumba Fitness - calypso/salsa
6. Dejala Que Baile - Charlie Cruz & Angel y Khriz - salsa/reggaeton
7. Livin' la Vida Loca - Ricky Martin - Latin
8. A La Nena Le Gusta - Zumba Fitness - merengue
9. Bamboleo - Gypsy Kings - flamenco
10. Hella Decale - DJ Mam's Featuring Doukali & Soldat Jahman - French reggaeton
11. Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall - pop
12. Tunak Tunak Tun - Zumba Fitness - bhangra/Indian
13. Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) - Shakira - Latin (a class favorite!)
14. Do You Dig It - Zumba Fitness - cha-cha
15. Aromuzak - Zumba Fitness - cool-down

No comments:

Post a Comment