Monday, May 2, 2011

Playlist from Monday, May 2nd (Nichols Park)

For me, nothing cures a "case of the Mondays" faster than an evening Zumba class. And discovering Cafe 53, the quaint new gelato place on 53rd and Kenwood, didn't hurt either! I just might have to make it a regular stop on my way home. :-)

Thanks, everyone, for a fun and energetic hour! And special thanks to Kasey for requesting Song #2... keep those requests coming.

1. Ma Ya Hi (aka "Numa Numa Dance") - Dan Balan - pop
2. Wavin' Flag - K'naan - hip-hop
3. Chori Chori - Aneela featuring Arash - Indian/bhangra
4. Para No Verte Mas -Zumba Fitness - samba
5. Baila Pa Emociona - Zumba Fitness - calypso
6. 5 Letras - Zumba Fitness - reggaeton
7. Asereje - Las Ketchup - salsa
8. Mi Alma Se Muere - Chosen Few - merengue/hip-hop
9. Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) - Shakira - Latin
10. I Need to Know - Mark Anthony - cha-cha
11. Ritmo Caliente - Banda Zarape - quebradita (a fancy name for "Mexican hat dance")
12. Jai Ho (from Slumdog Millionaire) - Mumbai Dolls - Indian/bhangra
13. La Luz Del Flow - Zumba Fitness - reggaeton
14. Jump in the Line* - Harry Belafonte - calypso
15. Burbujas de Amor - Juan Luis Guerra - Latin

* This song was not on the original playlist. I had planned to do something much higher-impact between Songs #8 and #9, but because Song #8 nearly killed me, I figured I would save it for next week and swap in Harry Belafonte (which I'd classify as "medium impact") instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment