Thursday, May 19, 2011

Playlist from Wednesday, May 18th (Curves in Whiting, IN)

This was my first experience teaching Zumba in the Circuit, and I loved it! (From now on I'll be doing two 30-minute classes back-to-back on Wednesdays from 5:30-6:40pm... and yes, the gym is in Indiana. Strangely, it's only 10 miles away from our place on the South Side of Chicago.) The ladies were very enthusiastic and open to trying new types of routines... though my husband was less enthusiastic about my having to play the "Zumba, Zumba" voice cue over and over again as I created the mix. :-) For those of you who are unfamiliar with how ZIC works, it is a 30-minute workout... participants alternate between floor/Zumba and machines every minute (as soon as they hear the voice cue). So my mix consisted of 14 two-minute song segments, as follows:

1. Que Te Mueve - Zumba Fitness - merengue/salsa
2. I Need to Know - Mark Anthony - cha-cha
3. Asereje - Las Ketchup - salsa
4. Mi Alma Se Muere - Chosen Few featuring Pitbull - merengue/hip-hop
5. Chori Chori - Aneela featuring Arash - bhangra/Indian
6. Cumbia Pa' La Nena - Bachaco - cumbia
7. Calabria 2007 - Enur - merengue
8. Jump in the Line - Harry Belafonte - calypso (I think this was their favorite)
9. Snake Charmer - Panjabi MC - bhangra/Indian
10. 5 Letras - Zumba Fitness - reggaeton
11. Don't Let Me Down - Zumba Fitness - swing
12. Do You Dig It - Zumba Fitness - cha-cha
13. Para No Verte Mas - Zumba Fitness - samba
14. Zumba Lluvia - Zumba Fitness - cool-down

No comments:

Post a Comment